Monday, June 4, 2007

Strange Things...

In order to make a Universal Binary, after several failed attempts, I decided to completely rebuild from scratch the XCode development project.

Now, if I take my project directory and build it on my Intel Mac, the application works fine on Intel Macs but crashes on PowerPC Macs.

If I copy that same project directory to my G4 PowerPC Mac, and compile it, the app works fine on both Intel and PowerPC Macs. Very strange.

Expect a new version in the next couple of days to improve functionality on PowerPC Macs and keep the compatibility with Intel Macs. The 1.3.0 version works on both my PowerPC and Intel, however, some reports I've gotten say it does not work correctly on all PowerPC Macs.

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

after install of version 131 fetch art will not run on PPC powerbook get error 10611

Unknown said...

ditto

Fetch Art 1.3.1 on MacOS X 10.4.10 / iTunes 7.3 always generates an error:

"An error of type -10611 has occurred."

As a first time (attempted) user, is there any sort of manual, guide, FAQ or directions as to how best to use Fetch Art?

Thank you.

enryfox said...

MacMini G4, the fetchart application is reported as being only Intel compatible. No way to make it run.
Thanks