Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New 2.6 Version Released Fixes Bug With Latest iTunes 10.2

Ok well I was able to use my Developer account at Apple (your donations help to pay that $99 a year fee I have to pay to Apple for that) and download the older version of XCode that supports PowerPCs.

So that means I was able to create an updated version that still supports PowerPCs.

You can grab the new 2.6.0 version here: Fetch Art on MacUpdate


This should work on Intel or PowerPC Macs.

This should work on iTunes 7.0 or higher.

This has been tested and verified on Mac OS X 10.4.

This has been tested and verified on Mac OS X 10.5.

This has been tested and verified on Mac OS X 10.6.6.

This has been tested and verified on iTunes 10.1.

This has been tested and verified on iTunes 10.2.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How would you feel about losing PowerPC support?

Ok so you might be wondering why I'm several days past my deadline with a new release.

Well the reason is the version of XCode that I have has dropped support for PowerPC. I've been trying to work around this issue but so far I've been unsuccessful. So I'm curious how many users would be affected if I dropped PowerPC support?

Basically moving to the newest XCode makes it difficult to support even Mac OS 10.4 on Intel let alone 10.4 on PowerPC.

So I'm curious what version of OS X you want support for (10.4 and newer, 10.5 and newer, or 10.6 which is the current version) and if you need PowerPC support?

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update Coming Soon

Ok so iTunes 10.2 broke Fetch Art. The good news is I've been able to find the source of the bug. I have to make changes to several parts of the code as well as add logic to still work with older iTunes (I experimented with a quick fix and it worked for 10.2 but broke Fetch Art for any older versions of iTunes.) This should only take me a couple more days but I might not make my deadline of Monday March 20th for release. That's still my goal but I thought I'd be a little closer to the final fix by now. I'll keep updating the information here and have a new release soon. BTW might be a good time for feedback... do you think I should release Fetch Art in the Mac OS X App store, and if so for free or for a small fee?

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fetch Art NOT Compatible With Latest iTunes

Well I've been getting emails about error -206 with the new version of iTunes 10.2. This was a minor update to iTunes so I didn't test it right away but sure enough, they've changed something in how art files are copied in and it's broken Fetch Art.

I'm pretty busy but I'm going to look into this. It could take about two weeks however before I have time to fix this, test it, and create a new installer.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the supportive emails!